Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome October!

This is my favorite month of the year.

Tomorrow, the prayer shawl group I belong to reunites after summer break.  It will be good to see the other ladies and begin knitting shawls again.  Actually, last night, I started a shawl using lavender solid and shades of lavender (called Monet).  It will be similar to other shawls I've made in the past for donation, bands of solids using various stitches, followed by the "Monet" variegated yarn in another band, and so forth.

In the past month, I've knitted several baby hats for donation/gifts.  Also, I knitted a small baby blanket with two strands of variegated shades of sea blue and a solid sea blue on large needles.  It will be perfect for use in the stroller or car seat.  This is for my niece Bethany's new baby boy born a little over one week ago.

Also, I knitted a few scarves for donation and gifts.

Have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment