Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Knitting another prayer shawl.

At the beginning of our Prayer Shawl Ministry season this fall (no meetings during the summer), I began making a shawl with a navy blue yarn.  As I do need new glasses, I found it hard to see the stitches well enough to feel comfortable.  The day after that meeting, I ripped the navy out and began using a reddish color called Rouge which is much easier to work with.  The pattern design is basket weave (k4, p4 across x 4 rows, then p4, k4 across.  This one is nearly half done and should be finished by the early November meeting.

Last week, my friend Pat and I went to Hobby Lobby where I purchased several skeins of their "I Love This Yarn" worsted acrylic.  It is SO soft and makes up nicely.  Will choose one of the colorways I bought (several contrasting colors).

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment