Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, Jan. 10, 2014

Hi there:  I Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Ours was nice. We have had quite a bit of snow during this time.  In fact, many of the area schools were closed because of bad roads for three days and some for four days.  

Shortly after Christmas I developed a nasty head cold.  I still have it, but am somewhat improved today.  I haven't even stepped outside the house in about two weeks but I will next week for a couple appointments.  Anyway, it has been very cold and the roads slippery according to hubby.  I do look forward to going shopping sometime soon!


I read a great book, "Winners" by Danielle Steel.  Hubby read it before taking it back to the library and he enjoyed it also.  I'd highly recommend it.


Earlier today, I decided to go through my yarn leftovers and stash.  Since I've been knitting so much (mostly prayer shawls and scarves), I decided to crochet a throw (sort of an elongated Granny Square), working around and around until it reaches the approximate size I want it to be. Will begin that later tonight while watching t.v. 


Due to the weather, the knitting group I belong to didn't meet this week.  It meets next week and I'll be glad to see my friends.  By that time, I'll have finished the last few inches of a prayer shawl I've been working on.  It's a beautiful shade of rose.  Will be sure to launder it first as I don't want to share my cold germs!


Have a great week; stay healthy and safe!


Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment