Saturday, November 5, 2011

Knitted blocks..........

Yesterday, I sorted through the knitted blocks I made last year after completing the large afghan for son and his wife's Christmas gift.  When their two children commented that they would like their own blankets, I began knitting blocks again.  Of course, as usual, I went overboard on the time spent knitting and had very sore hands and wrists!  So, the blocks were put aside.  Since its now November, I began thinking of Christmas and then had a lightbulb moment......putting together the blankets for the grandchildren.

I laid out the blocks and sewed one row together last night.  I did leave them as they were (on the living room carpet) and will sew more today.  Stay tuned for pictures of the pink/purple/green blanket.  Then, onto the boy colors for the second one.

Of course, I will have MANY leftover blocks.....maybe I'll donate them to the church group???  Don't think hubby & I need more blankets!

Have a great day!

P.S.  See the Dec. 16, 2010 post for a pic of the blanket I made last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment